NYMA Talents Win One Silver, Two Bronze At 2024 Hashtag Asia Awards

ENTERTAINMENT | May 5, 2024

(Image Source: Orange Magazine TV/NYMA)

The recent wins garnered by several talents of NYMA in the recently concluded 2024 Hashtag Asia Awards are a strong testament that Filipinos are, without any doubt or question, listed among the best of the best in social media. Headlining them are compelling storyteller and cycling advocate Lester "Buji" Babiera who won the Silver Medal in the "Best Campaign By A Mega Influencer" category for advocacy-driven video for the protection of Verde Island Passage.

“Lumpia Queen” Abi Marquez with her viral Kanto-Style Fried Chicken Recipe garnered the Bronze Medal in the "Best Campaign By A Mega Influencer" category. Marquez is hot off the heels of another win as she was named the 28th Webby Awards People’s Voice Winner in the General Social: Food & Drink category last April 23, 2024, joining celebrities like Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo in the list of 2024 Webby Award winners. Meanwhile, the wit and humor of versatile artist Raco Ruiz shining in his #ChickenCheck video for McDonald's Philippines' Chicken McDo earned him a Bronze Medal in the "Best Campaign By A Macro Influencer" campaign. The Hashtag Asia Awards 2024 winners were announced during the awards gala held last May 3, 2024 at the InterContinental Singapore where they were chosen by a 34-member judging panel comprised of senior marketers from notable brands and agencies including adm Group, Air Selangor, Andaz Singapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore, Archetype Singapore, Bayer, Belden Singapore, Bridgestone Asia Pacific, Campari Group, Carro, Deutsche Bank, Digital Content, Domino’s Pizza Indonesia, Edelman Singapore, First Page Digital, George P. Johnson, IHH Healthcare, Iris Worldwide, Kingsmen Experience, Media Monks, MSD Asia Pacific, Mundipharma Consumer Healthcare, OrangeTee & Tie, Organon, Oriflame Cosmetics, Phoenix Contact (SEA), PLUS Malaysia, Procter & Gamble, RGE, Singtel Singapore, Smadex, Talon OOH, Taylor's University, and ZALORA as well as influencer Titus Low (@titusslow).

Prior to the awards gala, a grateful Babiera – known for his horror “Storytime” videos – posted about the nomination, writing, “I just want to tell stories — whether they’re horror stories, romance, comedy, my experiences or how my day went. But when I started my TikTok, I wanted to make sure I used this platform for my advocacies. I’m privileged and honored that I’ve gained a following where people listen to what I say. A big thanks also to my @nyma_mgmt [NYMA management] fam for their support & for believing in what I do." “To be placed alongside such greats in the industry is truly a privilege. We have lots of fun doing this kind of stuff, and to potentially be awarded for that is surreal to me,” said Ruiz. Eugenio described the nomination as unbelievable, saying, “Never in my life would I have thought na ma-nonominate ako by this kind of awards body! [Never in my life would I have though I would be nominated by this kind of awards body!]”

Marquez, Eugenio, Babiera, and Ruiz are under the talent management NYMA, which looks to catapult Filipino talent to the world stage. Its roster includes more stars like Frances Cabatuando, Kristel Fulgar, Christian Bautista (co-managed with The Stages Group), and Pat Tingjuy. The complete lineup of the Hashtag Asia Awards 2024 winners can be found at https://awards.marketing-interactive.com/hashtagasia/2024/winners/.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...